Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clark State Fishing Lake

Camped out here after going through the hills. Clark is a really nice lake! Clear water, tall bluffs, awesome scenery... Curtis said it was like Chase on steroids! We didn't do much fishing, but an old timer showed up and was bringing in 2lb channels after each cast. I told Curtis I was almost embarrassed to fish next to him! He knew what he was doing. Really, I was just too worn out from the heat, it must have been 110° with little to no shade. I had a really good time and hope to get out there a lot more in the future.

I really admire how the KDWP utilizes native stone on most park signs

Looking south from the north end

Going around the lake and facing east

South end, near the spillway


On the southwest edge looking east


Same as above, with a bit of zoom




Clark State Fishing Lake is worth the drive!


0 comments:

Post a Comment